Another blog post about a wet and windy day! Some of my favourite days of the summer have been rainy including this festival themed wedding. The ceremony was at Newton Under Roseberry Church and the festival style reception a few miles away at Whinstone View.
Holly & Liam met at Glastonbury and got engaged at Glastonbury and so a festival theme was an obvious choice. As this renowned festival has a reputation for wet weather and wellies, a rainy day does fit with the theme although maybe not first choice for the weather! Most couples hope for fair weather for their wedding but our british climate is so changeable that it can never be guaranteed. When it less than perfect I am happy to say that I have never known it to spoil a wedding day. This is a great example of that.
Luckily the morning at least started dry with even a little sunshine just before and during the midday ceremony. Later on at Whinstone View it became more tropical, in a monsoon kind of way that is. Hooray for umbrellas and shelter!
A few things I especially enjoyed about this day:
– Flowers everywhere, beautifully arranged by Holly’s grandmother
– The peacock keeping an eye on the boys’ preparations
– A fun vicar with a unique sense of ceremony
– Wonderful wedding decor by Holly’s Mum. You can’t miss her, she & Holly are like peas in a pod!
– A great wedding venue and team who responded quickly to adapt the reception timetable when the weather misbehaved.
– The LOVE. Holly & Liam, precious family and special friends ♥
This was my second trip of the summer to Yorkshire for a wedding and I return next Spring for another. I cover weddings nationally so if you are getting married further afield and are interested in my photography then please get in touch.
Barn Wedding Venues
Wrays Barn at Whinstone View is located in Great Ayton in North Yorkshire